Monday, May 31, 2010

Sate, Fried Quail at Sate Zul

@ Kuantan Town
This was introduced to me by my wife (a kuantan girl) and since then, I'm a regular here whenever I'm visiting Kuantan. They have a variety of satay to choose from - chicken, beef, lamb (~RM0.80-1.00) etc!

I tried all 3 and it was really nice, meat was succelent and had nice charcoal burnt flavor! Only put off was that they do include some skin/fat in between for those who love it! I'm more of a lean meat lover! The sauce was full of peanuts, right mixture of sweet and spicyness!



I also tried my first roast quail (RM4.50). Interesting, but tastes more like chicken meat, a bit tougher due to the loads of exercise they do!

Getting there: At Kuantan town, head towards Teluk Cempedak (a famous hangout beach for both locals & tourist) or head towards Hyatt Kuantan. Along the way you'll get to Jalan Teluk Sisek. This satay joint is at a cross junction traffic lights on your left! Or, if you're lost, ask the locals, they would be able to guide you!

No comments:

Post a Comment